We Stand Together Pledge
The COVID-19 virus has threatened the health and well-being of the dance community across the nation and around the world. Recently, there has been virus transmission in the DC, Maryland & Virginia (DMV) dance community, despite the vast majority of community leaders recognizing the inherent risk of partner dancing and refraining from hosting any events. Therefore, the leaders of the DMV social dance community affirm and agree to abide by the following solidarity pledge, and we ask that you join us in protecting your community by adding your name, and sharing publicly to make your position clear.
Health COVID-19 Updates
To our DCBX Community,
With everyone’s safety and well-being in mind in this COVID-19 era, DCBX is closely watching and preparing for the future ahead. As we all continue to monitor COVID-19 very closely, using guidance from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html, you might have questions regarding the status of the DCBX12 Conference August 27-31st, 2020 and other DCBX events.
The health, safety and well-being of our attendees, artists, DJs, performers and team members is foremost in our minds. Our thoughts are with all those presently impacted, worldwide and locally, by the coronavirus and the health professionals working to care for them.
As of the current date, DCBX is canceling all Live in Person Events through January 2021!
9th Annual DCBX Ultimate Tropical NYE Dec 31-Jan 3 2021 Conference
This event has been canceled due to COVID-19.
DCBX 13 August 26-30th
This event will be live! We can’t wait to see all of our great attendees.
What DCBX will do:
DCBX is prepared to navigate these challenging times and we recommend and offer the following:
- DCBX 13 if canceled due to an Act of God or closures due to COVID-19 will result in attendees receiving a 100% refund.
- DCBX 13 room block will have the right to exercise a 48-hour hotel room cancellation policy without recourse.
- Travel: Many airlines are offering risk-free travel booking, often with cancellation for a complete refund or travel voucher where applicable. Check with your travel agency or preferred airline.
- Domestic: If possible, purchase airfare on carriers such as Southwest Airlines which allows flight changes with no fees.
- International: For international travel, we recommend Avianca or similar carriers who have extended no-change fees until December 31, 2020.
In addition, here are the CDC’s recommendations to avoid the spread of COVID-19 (as well as any virus such as the flu):
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds (the equivalent of singing happy birthday twice)
- Use hand sanitizer when appropriate
- Clean “high-touch” surfaces
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
When flying, use these simple guidelines to clean your airplane seat: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/sanitize-airplane-seat/
DCBX agrees with guidance from the CDC that regarding any coronavirus, the upcoming summer and increase in temperatures might slow and/or stop the spread of the virus. With that thought in mind, we currently expect the COVID-19 impact to be limited to March and April, and fully expect DCBX12 to continue as planned for the end of August 2020.
Marriott Bonvoy and Renaissance is committed to your Safety! COVID19 statement: https://news.marriott.com/news/2020/03/10/marriott-international-statement-on-cleaning-protocols
For support with ticketing and future DCBX Events please use our online chat feature here on the site.
Stay tuned, sanitize and stay safe!
Lee, Kat & Team DCBX
DCBX 12 & Future Events. What is the Plan?
Letter to the DCBX Community:
Throughout the last 20 years, from its founders to its attendees, DCBX has experienced events that empower and change lives! In today’s climate, it may be hard to cope with a lack of live events which serve as a way to transform, stay healthy, keep active or be empowered through the vehicle or vessel such as that of being at a live event!
The mission of DCBX is and always shall be to empower lives through engaging inclusive events. For the past twelve years, the August DCBX event has been the premier Latin Dance and Diversity event as well as the current 5x Latin dance event of the year. This transformative event amongst many others, DCBX New Year’s Eve and local events have been the pride and joy of countless volunteers, coordinators, artists, speakers alike. Our goal is and will always be to produce quality events that redefine your experience and deliver year after year. This year will be no different.
We would like to announce a few happenings to keep you in the loop.
Our number one objective is the safety and well being of all from attendees, artists, DJs, families, and staff. Due to social distancing protocol set by DC government. However, we have some very encouraging news about our plan moving forward listed below.
- DCBX Plan and Steps Moving Forward
- DCBX13 will take place August 26-30, 2021 at the Renaissance Marriott in DC. For tickets go to DCbachata.com
- This year, DCBX12 happened virtually in August. We brought together the World’s Top-Notch Talent in Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, Zouk, and a diverse array of dances. You can still watch this incredible event at DCBXVirtual.com
- DCBX On Demand is live right now. The new exciting virtual experience has some of your favorite instructors. This online on-demand portal will give you access 24/7 to incredible content. DCBXonDemand.com
Anyone who purchased a pass for DCBX 12, will automatically have that pass transferred to DCBX 13.
You can also contact us at 844-838-3687 or email [email protected] for support.
We are in this together!
As we continue to sail into unchartered territory, we urge you to remember the DCBX spirit. Stay positive and we all will be dancing together soon.
Lee, Kat & Team DCBX